Saturday, August 29, 2009

Adsense Alternatives When Google Bans Your Account

Adsense Alternatives When Google Bans Your Account
Ads by Google
test ad
for social networking sites vpost test.com

Remote Access & Support
Provide Instant Remote Support To Customers & Employees. Free Trial. www.LogMeInRescue.com

Google recently disabled the Adsense account of John Q. Public for generating invalid or fraudulent clicks.
It has come to our attention that invalid clicks have been generated on the Google ads on your site(s). We have therefore disabled your Google AdSense account. Please understand that this step was taken in an effort to protect the interest of the AdWords advertisers. [from adsense-adclicks@google.com]
His subsequent appeals to Adsense Support were also turned down.

John Q. Public is now looking for alternate revenue streams to monetize his blog and sends us the following questions:

Q 1: Can I get back my Adsense Account ?

There are few cases when previously banned Adsense publishers managed to reinstate their Google account successfully with Google only deducting some amount related to invalid clicks.
Thank you for clarifying your situation. We have reviewed your circumstances and have reinstated your account, effective immediately. Based on the findings of our investigation, we have deducted $30.82 from your account. [from adsense-adclicks-appeal@google.com]
While it is not a bad idea to follow your case with Google, not everyone may be so lucky as Stas or Jason. Generally, the chances of resurrecting your Adsense account are less.

Q 2: If the answer is No, then what's best alternate for adsense.

While Adsense still rules in terms of Ad inventory, there are tons of other advertising programs that can you consider for your blog depending on your niche and demographics. Here are some popular alternatives:

» Yahoo YPN - If you are located in the US, this is probably the best alternative to Adsense. Yahoo Panama is launching on February 5th.

» FeedBurner Ads - Feedburner is probably performing quite very well for a lot of publishers. The ads are CPM in nature and they have decent reporting engine.

» Text Link Ads, Adbrite - You can sell text links on your blog pages using any of these programs. They also let you add advertising in your RSS feeds.

» Kontera, IntelliTXT - These are inline contextual advertising programs that double-underline the keywords. Some users may however find this annyoying since the ad appears in a pop-up window.

» Chitika, Amazon Affiliates - If you are writing a product blog, Chitika may result in good conversion rates - people read the product review on your website and then proceed to these sites for buying the links. Amazon is good for blog that enjoy a fan following and readers buy what you recommend.

Other popular advertising options include Tribal Fusion, Adify, Pheedo and BlogAds depending on your site traffic. [Picture from Flickr]

Q 3: Does Google block the account or the website itself ? Actually I was planning to sell my blog so can the new owner use his own Adsense Account to insert ads in my blog ?

Google generally bans the Adsense account, not the website showing the Google ads. It is however recommended that the "prospective buyer" checks this with Google Adsense Support himself before closing the deal with you. It is very likely that Google will permit him to show ads on your site using his own Adsense account.

Important: Just take care that you don't open another Adsense account with Google using different credentials (like an abbreviated name or a different address) - Google is very likely to discover this activity and they'll will probably ban you again. [Name changed to protect identity]
Ads by Google
test ad
for social networking sites vpost test.com

Remote Access & Support
Provide Instant Remote Support To Customers & Employees. Free Trial. www.LogMeInRescue.com

Reader Comments

how can google find if a person already banned from google open another adsense account with a different name.

How does google do this part.
Written on 24/1/07 7:46 PM
Okay...I don't know what to think about this article. Some guy gets busted "cheating" Adsense by generating false clicks and you are showing this dude or others options to get back on google or to find alternatives? I don't know about most of the readers, but if this jackass was cheating the system then he deserves his ban and lack of income. There are honest people that do play by the rules to generate income...granted nice guys finish last, but I couldn't condone such activities just from an ethical standpoint.

In regards to keeping tabs on banned names and such...I am sure Google has a the uber-team of researchers dedicated to fraudulent activities and so on. When people go about trying to cheat the system it is usually stupid mistakes that get them caught and the same can be said for those who try to create another account after being banned. Are they using the same address, similar names, phone #, and so on are probably flagged on the banned account.

Flame away:P
Written on 24/1/07 9:46 PM
I have some confusion on that last note under the subheading Imporatnt: ?

I had a blog which was blocked for adsense for fraud clicks. I registered with same credenstials again and again and they retaliated back with negative answer.

Using different names also had no good results. Ultimaltely here I am with a complete new blog for which I havent still apllied for new Adsense Account.

This time I am planning to use different name, user Id, address and ofcourse the different blog (the new one...)
Written on 24/1/07 11:24 PM
Salman...I guess the real question is...were you in fact cheating the system to get banned from Adsense? If so, why? If not, what happened?
Written on 25/1/07 12:14 AM
Suppose some xyz clicks on the ads on my blog or say keeps clicking, from an xyz place without my knowledge,what control do I have over him,or there can be readers who may refresh my blog many times and the ads keep refreshing,my blog is not that popular,but just in case,what would happen in such a situation ?will google call it a fraud click ?This fraud click thing looks very scarry.Amit could you please write or explain more on this
Written on 25/1/07 2:59 AM
I see your point...if for whatever malicious reason someone could really do some harm. In any event...I found this nice little article over at Marketing Pilgrim entitled "Exclusive: Google’s Click Fraud Rate is Less than 2%". From reading the article...the exact process they use to determine what is fraudulent is a company secret :O
Written on 25/1/07 9:40 AM
Recently heard about a Washington Post Blogroll programme. Are we allowed to participate even while having a adsense account?

It is about sharing revenues from Washington Post ad programme.
Written on 25/1/07 11:09 AM
Ranjan - it's open for everyone provided the WPNI team accepts your blog. You can always apply for the blogroll program. There's a link on my blog somewhere in the archives.
Written on 27/1/07 9:44 PM
can we display bidvertiser or other ads along with google ads
wud it voilate the tos agreement
Written on 27/1/07 11:38 PM
Hi! I'd like to ask if for instance, another user was banned with Google Adsense, thus, preventing him to use it on his website with a particular domain name. Then, what if his relative created a Google Adsense account, will Google allow to show ads on the website of a person who was banned with adsense?
Kindly reply to k_psycho8[at]yahoo.com

Thank you so much
Written on 31/1/07 2:12 PM
Can U help me?

can u tell me if this is allowed or not. Placing the @ds this way?

Ad Placement
Written on 21/2/07 5:36 PM
wht if i am going to create a completely different account then the one which is blocked ....can i use that adsense account for that website..
Written on 18/3/07 2:45 PM
Rescently I was banned because of this click fraud and at that time i was having more than 35$ in my account and i was using Adsense from last 11 months , it accumulated and i was happy that i am reaching my target of 100$ and google will pay me , but i was banned and then i signed up with the same name and same address, my account is activated and now i am using it again .
Written on 2/4/07 5:13 PM
im having the same problems i been away for 2 days from my blog and now found out my adsense account banned WTF i wrote them a email hope they enable it, if they do not i would simply close all my gmail accounts all never use google search uninstall the google ie toolbar and move to yahoo or msn, i just find it hard to believe google is still fucking doing this shit today. i reach around 180 everything was cool about to get paid bang ! account disabled. wtf i hope one day that female male who ever banned my account gets hit by a car !
Written on 21/4/07 3:09 AM
They banned my account today and still google ads displaying on my blog. how they are reliable? google is nothing but bullshit..mf
Written on 22/5/07 8:50 AM
i have replied for new account for my adsense banned site and they have approved but after 4 month i recived a mail from them that your account is blocked as the site you are using is already banned.
Written on 24/6/07 8:40 AM
I was doing around 2'000.-- a month and got banned without any explanation. I never did fraudulous clicks...
Too bad. I am looking for alternatives, but Adsense was by far the easiest program to put in place.
Written on 26/6/07 1:41 PM
Is google adsense know our hardware details ? Someone tell me that if my adsense is banned and i want to re-join, i must use another name, another address and another computer because google can trace all my identity include my software and my hardware details. Is it true?
Written on 30/7/07 7:18 PM
i think it will work if someone with a banned account opens another account with adsense using a different domain, email address and better yet, do it within a new blog at blogger.com
Written on 11/11/07 8:58 PM
Does anyone know a good alternative to Adsense witch hasn't a age limit? I have a blog and want to post ads, pay per clik or other metods but I must wait 2 year till I'll be 18 and I think that my account will be banned if I make any or will be rejected first if I try Adsense! pls tell me if you know any!thx

2 comments:

  1. Did you know that that you can generate cash by locking special pages of your blog or site?
    To start just open an account on AdWorkMedia and run their Content Locking tool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you looking to earn cash from your websites via popunder ads?
    If so, have you considered using EroAdvertising?

    ReplyDelete